The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||Learn the answers to your critical questions about retaining and disposing of personnel records with Personnel Records: What to Keep, What to Toss.
You’ll learn how to develop a sound records-retention policy to keep you out of legal hot water … an especially high risk when dealing with disciplinary documentation, performance evaluations, workplace investigations and medical data.
If you keep everything, you’re on the hook for not complying with the Federal Trade Commission’s “disposal rule,” which requires you to dispose of paper and electronic records used in applicants’ credit checks in a reasonable way. If you keep nothing, you’re virtually guaranteeing that you'll lose every legal battle.
So what should you do? What does “reasonable” mean? Find out — plus learn much more — in this Executive Summary, based on our ultra-popular audio conference by nationally recognized employment law attorney Jonathan Landesman.
A peek at what you’ll learn:
- How long to retain job applications, résumés, job descriptions, disciplinary letters, attendance records, leave requests, medical-related data, employment agreements, payroll records, salary information, benefits information, and more
- Electronic storage requirements and how they differ from paper storage
- Which documents you should maintain in separate files
- How to handle medical records, and who should — and should not — have access to those files
- Legally smart documentation for performance reviews, investigations and discipline
- What to do when an employee (or lawyer) asks to review their personnel file
- Best practices for safely destroying records
In the event of a lawsuit, the right document can support your case and bring the costly legal process to a swift and satisfying conclusion. Make sure you’re ready with Personnel Records!
|About The Provider:
||The HR Specialist family of products helps HR professionals quickly resolve their daily challenges. From state-specific employment law to compensation and benefits, our experts give you the HR advice you need to know.
Whether you’re new to HR or an experienced pro - a department of one or 10 - you can trust the practical, plain-English advice from HR Specialist. We’ll save you time and headaches by focusing on what you need to know, when you need to know it. That makes you the HR expert your company can rely on and gets you the recognition you deserve.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Promotion(s) That Include This Course:
||Office Organization Promotion
Keywords For This Course:
hr training, human resource training, human resources training, records, records management, personnel records